This dish is full of comfort food flavor!
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 package Mountain View Andouille Sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 jar Suans Scotch Bonnet Flavor Sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Daddy Hinkles Spicy Pepper seasoning
- 3 (15-oz) cans red beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons chopped Scissortail Farms chives
In a large saucepan, cook rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add sausage, stirring often, until sausage is lightly browned. Remove sausage and set aside.
Add onion, bell pepper, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
Stir in the Suan’s Scotch Bonnet Flavor Sauce, garlic, and Daddy Hinkle’s Spicy Rub. Add the red beans, chicken stock, and sausage.
Simmer covered for about 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
Serve on top of the rice, and garnish with chopped chives.