- 8 Mountain View Meat Company Sausage Hot Links
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Daddy Hinkle’s Instant Meat Marinade (liquid)
- 2 teaspoons Andrews Honey Bees Cream Honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar Kosher salt and coarsely ground pepper, to taste
- Hoagie-style buns for 4 sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons Hiland Dairy Butter
- ¼ cup Suan’s Scotch Bonnet Pepper Relish
Heat outdoor grill to medium heat. Quarter bell peppers and onion.
Rub with olive oil.
In a medium bowl, combine Daddy Hinkle’s marinade, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Place hot links on grill, about 8 inches from the heat.
Cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning frequently to prevent burning.
At the same time, grill peppers and onions, about 2 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from heat.
Cut each sausage lengthwise.
Slice peppers and onions into strips. Place hot links and peppers and onions in bowl with the Daddy Hinkle’s mixture.
Spoon mixture over all to thoroughly coat.
Place buns on grill to lightly toast, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and spread inside of each bun with butter. Fill each bun with hot links, peppers, onion and Suan’s Scotch Bonnet Pepper Relish.