A long standing favorite family meal is Creamiest Rice and Beans. One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it’s a hearty ONE PAN meal! So easy and basically no clean up. Here’s what you’ll need for this no fail meal —
Recipe and photography by Emily Schuermann, Food for a Year
- 16 oz Andouille Sausage Links, pre-cooked (Mountain View Meats), sliced and quartered
- 3 c medium grain rice, uncooked
- 2 15 oz cans red beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 10 oz cans cream of mushroom soup
- 3 c chicken broth
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- 2 t cajun seasoning blend
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated (for topping)
- 3 T ea (chopped):
- green onions (more for garnish)
- Italian parsley (more for garnish)
- red onions
Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a deep 9”x13” baker with nonstick spray. Sprinkle uncooked rice evenly into the bottom of the baker. Top with red beans and sausage.
In a large mixing bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, broth and cream with spices, parsley and onions. Gently pour the liquid over the rice, beans and sausage. Top with grated cheese and additional parsley and green onions. Cover tightly with foil.
Place the baker into the preheated oven and bake (covered) for 40 minutes. Remove the foil bake 5 additional minutes to add a golden color to the cheese.