Delicious dinners have never been easier!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Mountain View Cajun style andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 5 fat garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more if needed
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Fresh lemon juice
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Thinly sliced scallions, for serving
- Hot sauce, for serving
Heat the oil in a pan. Stir in the sausage and shrimp and cook until well browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the meat to a plate.
Stir in the onion, bell peppers, celery, sliced garlic, salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Cook until the vegetables are soft and just starting to brown.
Place the lid on and cook on medium-high for 15 minutes.
Stir in the sausage and shrimp, bring the entire mixture to a simmer, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened to your liking.
Taste and add more salt if needed and season with lemon juice to taste. Serve the veggies and sausage over rice, topped with scallions, chopped celery leaves, and hot sauce.